Time for more Sunday Food Prep. Last weekend I did my prep in two shifts- some in the morning and some in the evening. Here’s what I did:
In the morning I got up, baked some PB Banana Oat Muffins, cooked quinoa to make breakfast bars and prepped fruits and veggies.
Then we headed to a cookout for the afternoon. When we got back, hubby fired up the grill and cooked sliders, chicken and corn and got his flank steaks marinating. I hardboiled some eggs and baked the Quinoa Breakfast Bars!
Here’s what you guys have been up to:
Anne at Curate Beauty –
- Raspberries with Greek Yogurt
- Romaine Lettuce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Green/Red/Yellow/Orange Bell Peppers
- Carrot Sticks
- Trail Mix
- Chicken/Brown Rice/Asparagus
- Cod/Brown Rice/Asparagus
- Chicken/Brown Rice/Salad (Hubby)
- Ono/Brown Rice/Salad (Hubby)
Turkey Sausage/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Burritos
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili, Salad with fruit and granola, Pork Tenderloin with mixed veggies, Coconut Energy Bites and my favorite Pumpkin Muffins. All gluten-free.
Naomi from Australia –
I’ve recently just hopped on the food prep band wagon and it’s making my life so much easier! I’ve found it especially helps to increase my fruit & veggie intake!
- fruit for snacks (watermelon, grapes, strawberries)
- cut up veggies for snacks and chucking in quick dinners (cauliflower, capsicum, shredded cabbage, carrot)
- de husked corn ready to cook
- roasted sweet potato & cauliflower for dinner sides
- fried onion and kangaroo sausages for the base of 2 stir fry dinners
- cooked a few cups of wild rice mix
Carrie at Carried Away About Nutrition –
- Chicken soup with veggies and wild rice (It’s chilly here!)
- Shredded cabbage slaw for tacos
- Diced red pepper for snacking
- Salad for lunch
- Crustless quiche for breakfast
- Sliced mushrooms for a frittata I am making later in the week (we’re eating a ton of eggs this week)
- Buckwheat stir fry, portioned out for lunches
- Washed blueberries
- Hard boiled eggs
- Shredded chicken for salad topping
- Washed celery and cherry tomatoes for snacking
- Washed and sliced leeks and asparagus, also for the frittata
- Washed and chopped kale and washed spinach for salads
- I also made a double chocolate zucchini bread for snack/dessert, which will be on the blog next week!
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?