Time for more food prep inspiration! Here’s what I prepped last week:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet Potato Bites
- Pork Tenderloin
- Brown Rice
Here’s what you guys have been up to:
Shredded chicken in the crockpot for chicken salad and enchiladas. Hard boiled eggs for snacks. Overnight oats for breakfast on the go. Salads w broccoli slaw, mixed greens, craisins, chickpeas, tomatoes and mushrooms- lunch all week! Not pictured – apples, bananas and pre-portioned bags of grapes and blueberries. I workout in the morning so it’s important for me to have breakfast and lunch ready to go so I can grab them before heading to the gym and then straight to work!
Claire at Intuitive Appetite –
- Protein- chicken or tilapia. I seasoned all the chicken differently to keep it interesting.
- With 2 of these sides:
- Sweet potato, brown rice, zucchini and spinach with chickpeas sautéed in garlic and lemon juice, lightly salted oven roasted carrots, or quinoa with black beans.
Not bad for my first attempt, eh?
It only took about 2 hours total, dish washing & all. Now I don’t have to cook for the rest of the week! That makes this busy grad student very happy.
2. Chicken Breasts and Fish
3. Oatmeal Sandwich Bread
4. Cut Fresh Veggies
5. Packaged Carrots and Nuts
6. Boiled Eggs
8. Greek Yogurt and Blueberry Preserves
9. Turkey Sausage and Egg Breakfast Burritos
10. Chicken and Fish Packed lunches
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?