Time for another round of Sunday Food Prep.
Here’s what I made last week:
Didn’t make it to the grocery store this weekend but still did some prep! These are the weeks when a well-stocked freezer and pantry come in handy! I made quinoa breakfast bars, froyo bites, hb egg, baked salmon, a few carrots, tuna avocado salad, roasted chickpeas, big pot of soup with veggies, chicken & orzo, quinoa & lettuce for salads. Plus I threw some frozen chicken in the crockpot for pulled chicken!
Here’s what you guys did:
Emily at More Then Just Dessert –
I don’t always have time to do my food prep on Sundays, but I find that when I do, it is SO much easier to stay on track with healthy eating during the week. This Sunday, I stocked up on veggies at the farmers market on Saturday and made sure to wash and cut them ASAP when I got home…I’ve found that if they are already washed and cut up, I’m more likely to eat them during the week. I also like to put individual portions of green beans into baggies for snacks at work to eat with hummus. I also made a fresh batch of salsa for taco salads. I am going to have some early mornings this week, so I know I wouldn’t have much time to make a lunch in the morning. I made a large batch of creamy potato leek soup (dairy free!) and pear sauce so I could just grab and go and not be tempted to go out for lunch during the day.
Alicia at Never Ever Been Skinny –
- Fresh and Easy Score
- Fresh Herb Rubbed Chicken that I am cooking in a crock pot
- Pepper / Steak Sauce rubbed Steak wrapped in Turkey Bacon
- Cucumbers / Strawberries pre-cut for my juicing
- Tomato Soup
- Breadless Sandwiches with spinach and half string cheese
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Lemon & Pepper Chicken (not pictured) that will be cooked by the hubby
Debbie at Dietitian Debbie Dishes –
- Vegan Butternut Squash Chili – perfect for easy lunches
- Hard Boiled Eggs – for slicing and throwing in salads, or putting on toast with avocado and tomato
- Homemade Almond Butter – for stuffing in celery or dates
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins- for snacks
- Spinach and tomatoes – washed for quick salads or egg sandwiches.
Samantha at Hey There Life –
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?