Time for more Sunday Food Prep.
As you know, I left to go out of town last Saturday. However, if left to his own devices, my hubby would do nothing but drink beer and eat beef jerky while I’m gone so I took some time on Friday to do some food prep for him:
Here’s what I made:
- Crockpot pot roast: Just put some potatoes, carrots and onions in the bottom, add the pot roast, top with 1/2 packet of dried onion soup mix and add a cup of water. Cook on high for 3-5 hours. My roast was only about 2.5 pounds so it took just about 3 hours to reach 145 degrees.
- Baked chicken
- Baked potato
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Snack balls: 2 cups pitted dates, 1.5 c almonds, 1/2 c peanut butter
- Veggies: lettuce for salad, roasted veggies with bacon and broccoli
I also took some time to prep some healthy food to take with me!
Some things I like to travel with:
- Quinoa breakfast bars
- Pre-portioned oat packets: 1/2 c rolled oats, cinnamon, almonds and a few chocolate chips. Just add hot milk or water, fruit and pb for breakfast!
- Peanut butter packets
- Trailmix: almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, raisins, cocoa roasted almonds
- Pumpkin Pie Balls
And here’s what you guys have been up to:
I love grab and go foods so staying away from processed was a challenge with how on the go I am. So breakfast is the top left pictures, I love freezer meals and a break from my meal prep meals so I made 9 bags of soup for when I need a change. The snacks and lunches is all the rest!
Spaghetti Squash w chicken cubes, chicken tacos, corn on the cob, salads , sweet potato chunks, baby potato bakers, sweet potato fries, chicken breasts and grilled fish. Steamed Veggies included broccoli and butternut squash
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?