Time for another round of food prep inspiration.
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Froyo Bites
- Spicy Salmon Cornmeal Cakes
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Spicy Sausage, Lentil & Kale Soup- Recipe on Tuesday
- Lettuce for salads
- Green Beans
And here’s what some of you have been up to!
Jan at Sprouts and Squats :
2. Cooked brown rice
3. Washed and prepped strawberries
4. Made coleslaw using cabbage, greek yoghurt, mustard and a little honey
5. Washed and prepped broccoli
6. Hard boiled some eggs for lunch
7. Made Salsa Chicken to free for dinners
8. Made a batch of Bolognaise
9. Made a batch of a Morroccan Lamb dish to free for dinners
- Diced cucumbers to throw onto salads for lunches throughout the week
- Defrosted frozen green peas, also to throw onto salads
- Microwave-steamed sweet potatoes to bring in my lunches
- De-stemmed, washed, and torn kale to have ready to steam to go with dinners
- Cornbread (recipe from the Happy Herbivore Cookbook, then I added whole kernels of corn)
- Boiled broccoli, again to bring in my lunches
- Vegan kidney bean gumbo — amazing! This was my first time trying this idea and it was so delicious. I made it with kidney beans, green bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and tons of celery, along with a really good Cajun seasoning blend. I made a huge batch of this and ate it over steamed kale and with the cornbread crumbled on top throughout the week.
- Cleaned and cut up pineapple to have with breakfasts and snacks
- Washed grapes, also to have with breakfasts and snacks
Angela at Cowgirl Runs :
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?