Time for another round of Sunday Food Prep!
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
I just did a quick round to cover the basics:
- Lettuce for lettuce wraps
- Lettuce for salads
- Spaghetti squash
- Pork tenderloin
- Green beans
And here’s what some of you have been up to:
Alex from Made to Glow:
My meals are usually focused around a base of greens with a variety of add-ons, which I prep on Sundays so I can quickly throw together healthy meals throughout the week. This week:
– I washed and chopped black olives, cucumber, green peas, cherry tomatoes, artichokes, and avocado, and roasted an eggplant (bottom right) and sweet potatoes (bottom left) to throw into big salads. I made a package of mung bean noodles (top left), cut up a roasted chicken, and boiled tricolor potatoes to add to lunches and dinners.
– I cut up a papaya and watermelon and washed grapes, apples, and pears (not pictured) to have for snacks and froze some avocado that were getting too soft so I can add them to green smoothies.
– For breakfasts, I made a huge batch of my favorite gluten-free/dairy-free pancakes and froze them in single serving portions so they’re ready to eat the next few weeks. It makes life much easier!
Danielle at Healthy Vittles & Bits :
Butternut squash chocolate chip cookies
Fruit in one cup servings (grapes, strawberries, etc)
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m almost out of submissions so be sure to send yours over!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?