Time for more food prep.
Here’s what I prepped last weekend to get us through this past week:
- Green beans
- Lettuce for salads
- Roasted veggies: I cut up a couple of summer squash, a baby eggplant and a sweet potato and roasted them with a couple chopped up pieces of bacon. I sauteed some leeks and baby bok choy on the stove and added those to the pan after I took the veggies out of the oven. Delish!
- Salmon on the grill- super easy if you use indirect heat and the skin is still on!
- HB eggs
- Grilled chicken
- Hamburgers- hubby whipped himself up some beef hamburger patties and threw them on the grill after the chicken. He’s been enjoying them on top of some huge salads
- Homemade tortillas
- Not pictured- pulled pork in the crockpot
And here’s what some of you guys have been up to lately:
Nicole from Not Before My Tea :
1. The “cheats”: pre-washed/pre-cut spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes; pre-cooked/pre-cut frozen chicken; steam-in-the-bag Brussels sprouts (all from Neighborhood WalMart)
2. Cooked quinoa (half for freezing, half for the fridge): weeknights, I combine with chicken (1), Trader Joe’s salsa verde (3), and a dollop of Greek yogurt for a quick Mexican dinner
3. Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde: good on everything, especially part of combo in #2
4. Overnight Oats (blogged about it here!): pumpkin variety and plain Jane variety (substitute pumpkin and milk with unsweetened, vanilla almond milk; substitute flax seeds with Chia seeds); top the plain bowl with frozen berries and almonds for a healthy breakfast on the go
5. Whole wheat date & pecan oatmeal muffins: enough said =)
6. Salad for lunch tomorrow, made with “the cheats”: I throw together a salad every night for the next day (it seems to keep the veggies fresher if they’re kept in their original bags until the day before)
Amy from The Little Honeybee :
I made a tofu stir fry with zucchini, peppers and broccoli for lunches. I also hard boiled eggs, washed raspberries (I picked them myself!), sliced cucumber and made quinoa, peanut butter protein bites. The animal crackers are not home-made (clearly) but are from my trip to my favorite natural food store 🙂
Can you see the kitty on the right? She was most interested in the food prep, but alas, was denied.
Karey from Nutty About Health :
Kaycee at FitFace :
Doesn’t everything look delish?!
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m starting to run low on submissions so be sure to send yours over!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?