Here’s some Sunday Food Prep Inspiration for you!
Last weekend I prepped:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- PB Banana Oat muffins
- Sweet Potato Bites
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Potatoes
- Spicy shrimp
- HB Eggs
- Salmon Cakes
- Greek Hummus Plate topping
- Lettuce for salad and wraps
- Food for Squish
For Squish I made:
- Oatmeal – I make it homemade- Just process rolled oats in the food proccessor to get 1/4 cup, add to 1 cup boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes with a little cinnamon. It’ll thicken as it cools os you can add a little milk or formula thin it out if needed when reheating throughout the week.
- Veggies! I steam them in the microwave or boil them on the stove- sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, butternut squash
- Fruit- banana and avocado that didn’t need to be prepped
Here’s what you guys have been up to:
Heather at Hungry For Balance –
This weekend I made Mexican rice and beans to eat over sweet potatoes for dinners (inspired by Lindsay!), Iced coffee in the mason jars, hard-boiled eggs, blueberry gummies and pumpkin oatmeal muffins for snacks for my daughter (recipes on blog), roasted mini peppers, roasted carrots, roasted yellow squash with mushrooms. We love roasted veggies and they are a great addition to our lunches
Sara at The Little Kitchen Studio –
Many of you have asked about the edge pan i use for my Quinoa Breakfast Bars. The exact one I have isn’t currently available through Amazon but here are some similar ones that would give you lots of nice edge pieces like I enjoy:
And in case you’re wondering, this is the set of glass Pyrex containers I have:
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! (I’m all out!)
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
12 Ways To Use Leftovers
15 Freezer Meals & Snacks
Top 10 Foods for Sunday Food Prep
How to Prep Food on the Weekend
Weekend Prep for Easy Weekday Meals
How to Eat Healthy in College
How to Eat Healthy During the Week
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?
If you’re looking for some meal inspiration, check out yesterday’s post for a Week of Vegan Meal Ideas, plus links to other meal plans!