I have a delicious recipe to share with you guys today! A microwave sweet potato muffin recipe to be exact.
That’s right…I finally had some success with the microwave muffin/mug cake. I consider this more of a muffin than a cake, but as you can see, I’ve been enjoying it for both a pre-workout snack and dessert….so take your pick!
Here’s the recipe:Print
Microwave Sweet Potato Muffin
A simple, microwave muffin with basic ingredients. Perfect for a pre-workout snack or a post-dinner dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 3 Tbsp mashed sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet potato, peanut butter, applesauce and milk and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into a greased ramekin and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
I’ve found it easiest to just microwave a whole sweet potato and then just scoop out a few tablespoons every time you want to make one!
If you’re having it for dessert, top it with a scoop of ice cream 🙂
You can also make this in a small mason jar, which works out great when you add the ice cream. I rarely take the time to take it out of the ramekin or jar like I did for the photo above so don’t be fooled!
I haven’t tried it, but I would assume this could easily be make vegan by using almond or soy milk and probably gluten-free by using a GF flour…but you’ll have to do your own experimenting for that one.
Let’s chat: Are you a fan of microwave muffins/cakes?