It’s time for another Foodie Penpals Reveal Day post! Don’t worry, I’ll be back with last week’s Bean Bytes tomorrow- I wouldn’t leave you hanging! But for today, we’re gonna focus on FPP.
This month I received a wonderful package from Haley at Full ‘n’ Fit! If you haven’t checked out her blog, go do it now. I love her. She’s one of the most supportive, encouraging bloggers out there 🙂
Here’s what she sent me:
My box included:
- Fruit and veggie strips- which were a fun little treat.
- Basil oil- which is delicious! It has a very light flavor but I can def taste the basil.
- Sunflower seeds- which I LOVE in my trailmix.
- Turkish figs- which I’m saving until I come up with a clever way to use them…suggestions?
- A super cute cookie cutter
- HOMEMADE COOKIES!!! Girl knows the way to my heart. They were delicious. She says she’s still perfecting the recipe and then she will share but I thought they were pretty darn good. As soon as she posts the recipe on her blog, I’ll let you guys know!
Thank you so much Haley for a wonderful box!
Are you interested in joining us for Foodie Penpals next month? Here are some more details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for April, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!
*If you’re from Europe, please CLICK HERE to signup.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Heather @ In Her Chucks says
Looks like an awesome box of goodies! I love infused oils 🙂
I tried to share my post but I don’t see the link?…
sorry it wasn’t working right away! you should be able to add now if you haven’t already!
Looks awesome! I eat dried figs by themselves or dipped in plain greek yogurt. They’re one of my favorite dried fruits ever!!
the child and I are joining in the FUN THIS SUMMER!
Linz @ Itz Linz says
this is the first month in over a year that i missed…. and i was on accident. boo! i signed up for next month though!!
glad you’re back!
Mmm…Turkish figs and a handful of pistachios are currently my favorite after-work snack.
Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness says
I had so much fun with FPP again this month! It looks like you got an awesome box, I have been wanting to try figs! You will have to let us know how you end up using them!
Sara @ fitcupcaker says
homemade cookies are the bomb!!
Lisa @ RunWiki says
Such a cool idea! Who doesn’t love getting a package in the mail? You’re doing so much more than setting up a food exchange, you’re connecting people together in an intimate way, something that is slowing going away because of technology. You’re the best Linds! xoxo
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen says
Gotta love getting those packages!! That basil oil sounds amazing!! I have never heard of it…is it another type of oil flavored with basil, or is it from the basil plant? Either way, I am going to be on the lookout. It sounds like it would be great for salads!
i’m pretty sure it’s just flavored with basil!
Karey @ Nutty About Health says
Looks like you received a great package! I love figs & any other sort of dried fruit! I’ve never seen basil oil before! How cool! 🙂 Sorry, no idea what you can do w/the figs… I usually just eat them alone. Oh, what about rough chopping them & putting them into a trail mix/fruit bar kinda thing?
This was my first month doing Foodie Pen Pals and I had so much fun!! Already looking forward to next month’s box! 🙂
so glad to hear it!
This was my first month with FPP and I had so much fun! Thanks so much for starting this program, looks like you got an awesome box this month!
Renia Carsillo says
Really enjoyed my first try and can’t wait for more! Thank you!
I got figs in my box once and decided to make homemade fig newtons! They tasted exactly like the ones from the store:)
oooh great idea!
This is such a great program! So glad I participated in it this month. Keep it up! :o)
glad you’re enjoying it!
Laura @ Mommy Run Fast says
Mmm, I love turkish figs plain or with almonds for a snack. So good!
Katie @ Passionately Balanced says
I have to try basil oil! I keep seeing it in some recipes or on blogs, and I dont know where to get it… Help!
i’m not sure where it came from either! seems like something you could find at tj maxx or marshalls in their food section
Haley @ fullnfit says
I must say that I bought myself some figs when I bought yours.. hehe. I have been snacking on them plain, but I have seen some cookie and bar recipes using them as well. 🙂 Glad you liked your package.
[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.
oooh yum! great snack idea
I made an amazing whole wheat fig bar from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. That’s what I would go with for those figs! They are still one of my favorite things to make and remind me of a much healthier Fig Newton.
ooh that sounds amazing!!!
Hoping to have better luck for the month of April than I did in March.
Adrianne B says
You too? Sorry to hear that.
i hope you get a great package next time!
Nutmeg Nanny says
What an awesome package, I love it 🙂
Jody - Fit at 55 says
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, I stopped at the cookies! 😉
LOVED being a part of this, thank you so much for putting it all together, Lindsay! Very much looking forward to this month’s 🙂
so glad to hear that!
This was my first month with Foodie Pen Pals. It was fun to put the package together to send and even more fun to get a package. Thanks for all you do to put this together. Looking forward to more fun!
glad you enjoyed it!
My first time participating & unfortunately my penpal didn’t send her goodie package.
i’m so sorry to hear that
I signed up, just found you. I so wish I had been soon enough to do this month.