Posted by Lindsayhttps://www.theleangreenbean.com/homemade-whole-wheat-tortillas/
© 2017 The Lean Green Bean. All rights reserved.
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
With only 4 ingredients, these tortillas do away with the store brand mystery ingredient list. Roll them up and enjoy with breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
cups white whole wheat flour
Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
c warm water
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oil and salt.
- Slowly add the warm water while stirring until a rough dough comes together. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Turn the dough onto the counter and knead for about two minutes.
- Return to bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into a circle (you want them to be pretty thin)
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and grease lightly.
- Drop one dough circle into the pan and let cook until bubbles form- about 1 minute.
- Flip over and cook another minute, pressing down with a spatula if needed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze.