Bourbon Chicken Marinade and Glaze
This 5 ingredient Bourbon Chicken Marinade can easily be thickened to double as a glaze for extra flavor while cooking dinner!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon (i used Jack Daniels)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated, or use a paste like Garden Gourmet)
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with a splash of water
- 1.5 pounds chicken
- In a bowl, combine oil, honey, bourbon, garlic and ginger and stir until well combined.
- Pour half into a large ziploc bag with chicken and let marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Reserve other half of marinade in bowl until ready to cook.
- Bring remaining marinade (the half that hasn’t been in the bag) to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add cornstarch mixture, reduce heat and let simmer until thickened.
- Cook chicken as desired (grill or bake) and brush glaze on a couple times while cooking.
Taste thickened glaze and add a little extra honey if you’d like it a bit sweeter.