Although I’m somewhat embarrassed to admit it, I totally forgot about my 9-year blogiversary that happened a couple of weeks ago. I guess that’s what happens when mom brain is in full effect and you’ve been blogging almost a decade. It’s hard to believe I’ve been doing these Best of the Bean yearly recaps for 9 years and to be honest, I almost skipped this year.
With three young kiddos, the blog has certainly slowed down over the last year, often taking a back seat to me spending time being mom and when I stopped to think about it, I really didn’t feel like I’d accomplished all that much since my last yearly recap. I spent most of the past year either very pregnant or in the trenches with a newborn.
But that’s actually what I like best about doing these recaps. By forcing myself to look back at all my posts from the last year, it opens my eyes to exactly how much i DID accomplish. I published almost 30 brand new recipes and did a month’s worth of 4×4 posts where I shared how to use 4 ingredients to make 4 different meals for the week. I also shared two detailed roundups of suggestions for lower sugar cereals and healthy granola bars for kids and shared my favorite things to buy at Costco.
I covered a few food prep topics, shared a few parenting posts and also reshot and shared almost 20 recipes that were buried in the archives and deserved a second look! Plus I created and released an entire ebook of freezer meals.
I did all that while watching 3 kids full-time, often running on very little sleep.
And you can bet your bottom dollar I’m proud of that!
So the next time you’re feeling like you haven’t done enough or could have done more, spend a little time looking back and reflecting on what you actually did! Chances are you might surprise yourself and it just might help you recognize that you have A LOT to be proud of.
Here’s a roundup of all the new posts and recipes since August 2018. If you missed any or are new around here, definitely take a look and give a few a try! I’d love to hear what you think 🙂
YEAR 9 NEW RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Tortellini
- Chocolate Lentil Bars
- Apple Graham Cracker Nachos
- Omelet Spirals
- Sheet Pan Sausage & Smashed Potatoes
- Almond Flour Butter Cookies
- Sweet Cherry Gingerbread French Toast
- Spinach Feta Meatballs
- Instant Pot Asian Peanut Noodles
- Kid-Friendly Smoothies with Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage and Green Beans
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Soup
- My Go-To Energy Ball Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mexican Chicken
- Peanut Butter Hemp Cookies
- White Bean Muffins
- Red Lentil Pancakes
- Crunchy Kale Salad with Couscous
- Carrot Pineapple Turkey Meatballs
- Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken
- Zucchini Oat Bars
- Spicy Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Pesto Lentil Balls
- Loaded Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Oat Bars
- Zucchini Carrot Brownies
- Blueberry French Toast Muffins
- What To Do With Hard-Boiled Egg Yolks
YEAR 9 ROUND-UPS, FOOD PREP & PARENTING
- Easy Farro Recipes
- Easy Egg Recipes
- Easy Pulled Pork Recipes
- Easy Broccoli Slaw Recipes
- Costco Favorites
- Lower Sugar Cereals for Kids
- Healthy Store-Bought Granola Bars for Kids
- Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
- Emergency Trunk Bag
- Acts of Kindness for Kids
- A Week of Component Food Prep and How To Use It
- 5 Steps to Food Prep
YEAR 9 RECIPE RESHOOTS
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Panini
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Baked Apple Packets
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Yogurt Dip
- Veggie Corn Muffins
- No-Bake Peppermint Chocolate Bites
- Puppy Chow Almonds
- Sweet & Spicy Popcorn Snack Mix
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites
- Top 10 Foods for Sunday Food Prep
- Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies
- Thai Chicken Meatballs
- Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Meatballs
- Paleo Shrimp Scampi
- Microwave Sweet Potato Mug Cake
If you missed my ebook, you can check out Freezer Magic here.
Cheers to another great year of sharing content, both new and old, to help make your lives just a little bit easier. Thanks for following along! If you want to see more of our daily life, be sure to follow along over on Instagram. We hang out on IG stories a lot!