Monday again! Here are some of my fav posts and articles you may have missed last week.
Simple, easy tricks!
Ten household items to improve your food photography via Pinch of Yum
10 Questions bloggers should ask themselves before working with brands via The SITS girls
Maintenance isn’t sexy via MizFit Online
For the runners:
Strength training exercises for runners via Best Body Fitness
Two magic words for running and life via Mommy Run Fast
So true about marriage:
Joy and Hope take effort via Run Wiki
Great tip for bloggers:
How to claim google authorship of your blog via Katy Widrick
Instagram is not real life via Neon Fresh
Focus on one healthy habit via Peanut Butter Fingers
Yes you CAN: 3 rules to achieve lasting results via Strong Inside Out
More people need to do this:
Why I won’t stop fighting via A Gutsy Girl
Good reminder that beauty is different for everyone:
Beauty beyond Face Value via Candyfit
I have this:
4 tips for dealing with misophonia via The Great Fitness Experiment
Looking Fit doesn’t always mean healthy via Beauty Lies in Strength
Great series of posts/responses:
Fit Pregnancy: The Problem with that Phrase via Run Pretty
Defining Fit via Food Fitness and Family
Why Post Partum Posts Can Be A Touchy Thing via My Food n Fitness Diaries
Is Having a Fit Pregnancy Boastful via Making Good Choices
Go-To Thai Peanut Chicken Jar Salads and tips for layering via The Fit Fork
Great ways to healthify a recipe:
How to Healthify Recipes via The Dietitian Duo
12 Healthy Ways to Conquer the Snack Attack via Hummusapien
A little Q&A I did for my friend Liz:
Ask the Nutritionist via The Lemon Bowl
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream with goat cheese via The Candid RD
The Invisible Mother via WhatcomFamilies
Work out for free when it’s hot in NYC via Greatist
Breakfast Burgers via Edible Perspective
When did you stop thinking you are beautiful? via Kludgy Mom
Getting personal with brands via Banana Buzzbomb
Scenes from the Week
1&2. My friend Jackie has a Great Dane named Bella. Isn’t she adorable?
3. Got this book in the mail this week. I’m excited to read it over vacation.
4. I took a few rest days from Crossfit this week, trying to fight off a bug, so I headed to the library to restock!
1. Marcus always makes himself right at home.
2. Just making some cookies while munching on some green beans.
3. Had to share this. I always cut my avocados in half and twist to open, but i’m gonna try quartering and peeling!
4. Love this mug. Must get it for hubby. Saw it on Sarena’s IG.
1. We’ve had a broken lawn mower for a while now. We also had a second lawn mower that was the exact same that someone put out with their trash. Hubby had planned on fixing it but wasn’t able to because of his surgery, so my father-in-law came over and made a Frankenmower of sorts, using all the best parts of both mowers and now it runs like a champ!
2. To make it even better, he MOWED the lawn for me the next day. And yes, we have a BIG ASS yard. Thanks Scott!
3. Hubby & I’s new fav show! Have you seen it?
4. Hubby recreated his $30 pulley from physical therapy for $6! He’s so thrifty.
1. Pillow hog
2. Hi mom! Kinda hot out here!
3. Tucky likes his toys without ears 🙂
4. Rainy afternoon reading with the boys!
Later clamping of umbilical cord benefits newborns
A movement in transition for a world in flux
15 things you should give up to be a happy parent
The Health Must-Eat List
11 things i wish every parent knew
50 ways to get better at crossfit
Beginning yoga poses
Hormones and weight gain after 40
Are veggie burgers really healthy?
Food Labels: Facts up front
Sex on campus, she can play that game too
Why doctors still use pagers
Do obese parents equal obese kids?
The economics of inequality
How to save for retirement on a small salary
2 new plans to upgrade your smartphone after a year
Why so many healthy women can’t lose weight
10 worst habits destroying your diet
7 things helicopter parents need to know
My child is gifted- he’s also 29, unemployed & living in my basement
Fish oil causes prostate cancer? Maybe not
In the News
10 ways to decrease anxiety and have more fun
Fruit and Veg 5 a day backed by new evidence
Beans Peas & Lentils- from poor man’s meat to hot gluten-free items
Carrageenan Under Fire
Your go-to guide for grains (Infographic)
10 best yoga poses for headaches
Restaurants rethink menus to woo baby boomers
9 dirtiest places in your house
10 amazing facts about apple cider vinegar
Sport drink waste shows potential for bars and biscuits
Myths and facts about weight loss
No obese boy scouts allowed at camp
Avocado’s monounsaturated fat good for you
21 reasons the dog is the best investment you’ll ever make
8 ways to improve your morning routine
No milk? Blame insulin
Foods that work better together
That’s all, friends!