I hope your New Years celebration was wonderful! We had a low-key evening. We went to a wedding for one of our friend’s from college. It didn’t start until 7pm so we went for a while but wanted to be home early- hubby has a cold and we’re getting old 🙂 We spent a few hours at the wedding and then came home to drink tea and watch the ball drop by the fire! It was wonderful.
Then we cooked up a fancy dinner to eat at home last night for New Year’s Day!
It was delicious! We had mini crab cakes for an appetizer, a delicious salad and then hubby made scallops for me and ahi tuna for him. (He’s the best at making scallops for me!! Love him!) We also had green beans, sweet potato with goat cheese and some black eyed peas for good luck! It was a feast!
So, what else have I been eating?
1. Our neighbor made us candied pecans- YUM!
2. I made more curried sweet potato soup and added some black beans
3. Carrots & hummus and some pesto & goat cheese stuffed mushrooms
4. Morningstar black bean burgers & homemade sweet potato chips
1. Tuna Quinoa Cakes on salad
2. Hubby made one of his best salads ever: Lettuce, quinoa, black beans, shrimp, cottage cheese, pomegranate arils & pecans
3. Taco salad w/ quinoa and black beans, tomato, red pepper, avocado, onion and cheese
4. PB toast, hb egg and a clementine for a light lunch
1. Hubby caught the cold my dad had at xmas so we’ve been drinking a LOT of hot lemon ginger water
2. Open faced egg sandwich, Frozen Greek Yogurt Trailmix Bar and a clementine
3. French toast with berries
4. Eggs and toast with a pear and blackberries
I’ve also been snacking on A LOT of these:
Frozen Yogurt Trailmix Bars were posted yesterday in case you missed it!
I’ve also been enjoying the newest product from Love Grown Foods!
There are 4 different flavors and they’re packed with protein and fiber. They also have NO SODIUM which is a huge plus for me! I enjoyed the peach almond vanilla for breakfast one morning.
This product was just revealed last week. They will be in the following retailers as of January/February:
-Raley’s (Northern CA)
-Whole Foods – Southern CA
-Whole Foods – Rocky Mountain Region
-Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
-King Soopers/City Market (Colorado)
But have no fear if none of those stores are near you! They’ll also be available on AMAZON.COM this week! So you can order them from anywhere!
And finally, the last thing I’m working on:
That, my friends, is Greek Yogurt Bread. It’s delicious, but I haven’t quite perfected the recipe yet so stay tuned! I’ll share it as soon as I do 🙂
That’s all I’ve got in the food department…but just as a reminder, you still have a couple more days to enter my giveaway to win these beautiful Oakley Sunglasses!
And also remember that you only have 2 more days to sign up for Foodie Penpals if you’d like to participate in January. CLICK HERE to fill out the form. Remember that you have to sign up EACH MONTH if you want to participate.