Today is Grandma Ethel’s 86th bday and I am on appetizer duty. Borrowing another recipe from my wonderful recipe group, I made veggie & cream cheese rollups.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: raw appetizer vegetarian healthy
Ingredients (40 pieces)
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup miracle whip or mayo (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp powdered Ranch dressing
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups of finely diced mixed vegetables (carrots, peppers, onion, broccoli, zucchini, radishes…)
1. In a small bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Add the powdered Ranch dressing, mayo and green onion and stir to combine.
2. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto a tortilla and top with vegetables.
3. Repeat until you run out of vegetables, cream cheese mixture or tortillas.
4. Tightly roll each tortilla and wrap individually in saran wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (can also be stored overnight).
5. Remove the saran wrap and cut each rollup on the diagonal into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces and serve!
Arrange on a platter, preferably in a more artsy way than I did- or at least all facing the same direction, and serve!