Hi Friends! I haven’t forgotten about you, I promise!
My parents are in town. We’ve been busy having fun. Eating, drinking, wandering around…
Just wanted to pop in with some words of advice for you:
1) Make this bread. I used Brandi’s recipe except I halved the recipe, used while whole wheat flour instead of AP flour and cut the salt in half.
2. Make some homemade strawberry jam to put on top (along with some peanut buttter). I don’t follow the typical jam recipe. I just put about 1 1/2 c sliced strawberries in a pot, add a squirt of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp sugar and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so. Gives me the perfect amount to use throughout the week without overloading the sugar!
3. Make two loaves the first time like the recipe says…otherwise you’ll just find yourself making a second loaf the next day like it did. It’s that good.
Turn some into croutons…inspired by these. I just misted mine with olive oil and sprinkled with Old Bay.
Then turn some into french toast.
4. Make a batch of my Spicy Salmon Cornmeal Cakes to snack on before dinner.
5. Then for dinner make Andrea’s Vegan Black Bean Burgers. But make them non-vegan by adding an egg. And triple the recipe…and make eight burgers. I followed her recipe exactly, except I ran out of mustard and chili powder so I added some sriracha. And I pulsed the beans a few times before adding the veggies.
The burgers are very soft…but they taste great! Add some pepperjack cheese if you want…or some avocado and tomato! (or komato like we did)
6. And for dessert, make these:
But you’ll have to stay tuned for the recipe 🙂