Time for more food prep inspiration.
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Quinoa breakfast bars
- Brown rice
- Sweet potato bites – I subbed applesauce for banana and added fresh raspberries
- Cabbage rolls – i used half ground pork/half ground beef, plus rice, onions, egg and garlic. For the sauce I used crushed tomatoes mixed with some Worcestershire sauce and a little brown sugar.
- HB eggs
- Taco meat- I just cooked up the leftovers I didn’t use in the cabbage rolls
- Pulled pork – just put a pork shoulder in the crockpot with some broth and diced onions and peppers. I like to add bbq sauce to it as I eat it so I can control the amount that goes on.
- Rotisserie chicken
And here’s what you guys have been up to:
Chelcie at Chelcie’s Food Files –
This week I’m eating from the freezer for my meats, so I did some easy prep for side dishes and lunches!
- Baked (instead of hardboiled) eggs for easy addition to lunches
- Frozen banana for smoothies
- Washed romaine for salads
- Roasted sweet potato
- Chopped veggies for salads
- Washed snap peas to dip in hummus for snacks
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?