We’re back with more food prep inspiration today!
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Sweet Potato Bites w/ Cranberries
- HB Eggs
- Lentil Chicken & Sweet Potato Soup
- Baked Chicken
- Green Beans
- Cucumbers for salad
- Baked Potatoes
Here’s what some of you have been up to:
Arlene at Adventures in Weight Loss, Cooking & Life -
Claire at Flake & Cake –
Ester at Chocolate Runner Girl –
- Blackberries – Washed for breakfast and snacks
- Homemade Soup – Full of chicken, veggies, tortellini and nutrients to help battle the winter cold!
- Chocolate chip, banana & zucchini muffins – For breakfast on the go.
- Chopped and shredded veggies – For lunches and chicken stir fry
- Turkey chili – For dinner on these cold nights
- Banana chocolate chip pancakes – More breakfast on the go!
- Chopped lettuce (and not pictured: tomatoes & ground turkey) – For turkey taco salad
- Quinoa – To pair with chicken and veggies for lunches
- Grilled chicken – For lunches at work and chicken stir fry!
Morganne at Nut Butter Runner –
Emily at More Than Just Dessert –
After eating to my heart’s desire over break, I knew I needed to get back in the swing of food prep this weekend in order to start eating well again during the week. I roasted spaghetti squash that I’ll use for dinners this week–I am amazed at how many different meals you can make out of it! I cooked a large batch of quiona for salads and also baked quinoa pizza cups for grab-and=go lunches. I also made sure to wash the large batch of strawberries I bought–having clean fruit for snacks makes me more likely to reach for them in the fridge. I also made a large batch of salsa to use as dressing for my taco salads.
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?