Time for more food prep inspiration.
After being out of town, it felt great to get back in the kitchen and do some prep work last weekend.
Here’s what I prepped:
- Chopped veggies to saute for lettuce wraps
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chopped carrots and broccoli for snacking
- Green Beans
- Crockpot pulled pork
- Chicken- plain and bacon wrapped
- Lettuce for lettuce cups
- Lettuce for salads
And here’s what some of you guys did to prepare for the week:
Lauren from Lawfully Wedded Wife :
- boiled eggs for salads, snacks, etc.
- chopped and steamed broccoli and carrots for stir fry, ramen, omelets, etc.
- made a vegetarian asian broth for cooking ramen in
- sliced carrots sticks for eating with hummus or dressing
- pressed and marinated tofu strips for fried rice, stir fry, etc.
- chopped tofu for ramen
- made brown rice for mexi bowls, stir fry, and for the dog (he loves rice!)
- browned ground beef w/taco seasoning for Jason’s tacos and enchiladas
- grilled veggies (squash and zucchini) for lunch wraps
Amy from Long Drive Journey :
- Steam Broccoli– lunches
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes– lunches
- Chicken Burgers– lunches & dinner
- Hard Boiled Eggs– snacks
- Chopped Mango– snacks
- Farro– dinner
- Frozen Banana Slices– snacks
- Cooked Beets– lunches & dinner
- Banana Bread Dough Bites– snacks
Nicole from Fruit ‘n’ Fitness :
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m totally out of submissions so be sure to send yours over!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?