Time for more food prep!
I didn’t do any food prep last weekend because we were heading out of town Monday for my grandpa’s funeral. But have no fear….I have lots of great ideas to share with you today from my readers! Here’s what some of them have been up to:
Alyssa from Road to RD :
This week was our first pickup from our CSA, so there was a lot of veggies to use! This inspired me to prep other foods too. We had a bag of carrot sticks and celery that needed to be washed and cut, and I always like to keep a few hard boiled eggs around, just in case. Here’s what I prepped:
- Nappa cabbage salad with cilantro and toasted almonds
- Carrot sticks and celery sticks (which I like to call crunchy munchies :D)
- My first ever batch of kale chips, which I sprinkled with parmesan cheese and olive oil and baked at 350 for 15 minutes
- Hard boiled eggs (A great addition to a piece of fruit or crunchy munchies 😉 )
- Salad greens, arugula, and parsley for quick salad making!
Kristina from KristinaFitness :
Salads for the week!
Amy at The Little Honeybee :
- 1. Grape tomatoes – sliced
- 2. Blueberries – washed
- 3. Sweet potato – chopped
- 4. Zucchini – sliced
- 5. Red/yellow/orange pepper – chopped
- 6. Quinoa – cooked
- 7. Oat, banana and almond cookies
- 8. Edamame beans – cooked
- 9. Strawberries – washed and sliced
The tomatoes, pepper, quinoa and edamame beans will be made into a salad for my lunches for the week (just adding some dried cranberries and balsamic vinegar). The zucchini and sweet potato will be used for dinner throughout the week (roasted in the oven served with chicken/salmon). The blueberries and strawberries are easy on-the-go snacks and the oat, banana and almond cookies are for a yummy treat!
Karen at Cinderella’s Running Shoes :
- washed and cut strawberries
- washed cherries, blueberries, grapes
- washed and cut yellow pepper, orange pepper, zucchini, cucumber, carrots
- roaster chicken meat for salads
- made a large spring salad to use at dinner
- brewed fresh iced tea (1 gallon water, 3 Red Rose Tea bags)
- brewed fresh iced tea (1 gallon water, 2 Tazo Passion Tea bags)
- I use the strawberries and blueberries for yogurt parfaits with Wallaby Vanilla yogurt
- Peppers, cucumbers, carrots in spring salad for lunch
- Cherries in greek yogurt
- Roasted Chicken in spring salad w walnuts, cranberries, goat cheese, balsamic
Lori at Purely Twins :
Maria at Asphalt & Trails :
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?! I’m starting to run low on submissions so be sure to send yours over!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?