First things first! I want to wish my wonderful hubby a very happy 4 year anniversary!!! Hard to believe it’s been that long already!
I love him so much sometimes I don’t even know what to do with myself. Like last night, when he came home with this:
Yep…I’m one lucky girl! I’ve been begging for one of these pretty much non-stop for like the last year! And I’m already obsessed.
So like I was saying, happy anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life and my biggest supporter! I wouldn’t be where I am today without you! I love you!
And now llet’s move on to the food shall we?
I made this soup so long ago, I can’t believe i haven’t shared it with you guys yet!
It’s it pretty?!
Here’s what’s in it:
Here’s the recipe:
Roasted Beet & Avocado Soup
As a side or as the main event, this nutritious veggie soup has you covered.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c onion
- 2 small beets
- 1 red pepper
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Cut the carrot into sticks and wrap the beets in foil.
- Roast the carrots, beets and pepper at 425 degrees.
- Removed the carrots and red pepper once slightly blackened and let the beets cook longer if necessary.
- Let the beets cool slightly, remove the skin and quarter.
- In a large dutch oven, saute the garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies, spices and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or transfer in batches to a regular blender or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Blend in the avocado.
I served it a side dish with some homemade black bean burgers:
If you want to bulk up this soup itself a little more, try adding some quinoa and black beans like I did the next day for lunch!
We ate this soup warm but it would also be good cold in the summer!