First things first! I want to wish my wonderful hubby a very happy 4 year anniversary!!! Hard to believe it’s been that long already!
I love him so much sometimes I don’t even know what to do with myself. Like last night, when he came home with this:
Yep…I’m one lucky girl! I’ve been begging for one of these pretty much non-stop for like the last year! And I’m already obsessed.
So like I was saying, happy anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life and my biggest supporter! I wouldn’t be where I am today without you! I love you!
And now llet’s move on to the food shall we?
I made this soup so long ago, I can’t believe i haven’t shared it with you guys yet!
It’s it pretty?!
Here’s what’s in it:
Here’s the recipe:
Roasted Beet & Avocado Soup
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: roast stovetop soup/stew entree vegetarian vegan healthy low-sodium avocado vegetables
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c onion
- 2 small beets
- 1 red pepper
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
1. Cut the carrot into sticks and wrap the beets in foil.
2. Roast the carrots, beets and pepper at 425 degrees.
3. Removed the carrots and red pepper once slightly blackened and let the beets cook longer if necessary.
4. Let the beets cool slightly, remove the skin and quarter.
5. In a large dutch oven, saute the garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
6. Add the roasted veggies, spices and broth.
7. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Use an immersion blender (or transfer in batches to a regular blender or food processor) and blend until smooth.
9. Blend in the avocado.
I served it a side dish with some homemade black bean burgers:
If you want to bulk up this soup itself a little more, try adding some quinoa and black beans like I did the next day for lunch!
We ate this soup warm but it would also be good cold in the summer!