Here’s your first pumpkin treat of the year. While hubby was out of town for a few days this week, I spent several nights playing around in the kitchen. These balls were an experiment gone totally right.
Pumpkin Pie Balls
They taste just like pumpkin pie!
The only thing you need to know about these is that they’re a bit softer than your typical energy balls. They’re much softer than the ones I made with just dates, almonds and peanut butter…but I think it works out well for them because it makes them taste even more like the middle of a pumpkin pie, which is soft! Also, you store these in the freezer and they firm up, but don’t get super hard so you can eat them right after you take them out…no need to let them thaw out at all!
- ½ c pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- ½ c sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ c almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 c dates (chopped & pitted)
- ½ c oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- Place the seeds and almonds in a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the dates and pumpkin and process well.
- Add the oats and spices and pulse several times.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Scoop mixture onto saran wrap, form into a ball and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Form into balls and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Pretty simple right? You can also store these in the fridge…I just prefer the freezer.
Play around with the ingredient quantities until you find a combo you love!