This recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries is a fun way to change things up at dinner! They’re easy to make and kid-friendly too!
Meet your new favorite dinner side dish! I made these Green Bean Fries when my parents were in town a few weeks ago and they didn’t last long! Let me start by saying that green beans and Italian dressing is pretty much my fav combo ever…so that’s what I used for dipping. But you could totally eat these without a dip or use some yogurt mixed with thai chili sauce and sriracha for a sweet and spicy version!
These are a little bit labor intensive…but they’re so so worth it! And once you get in your groove, they really don’t take all that long.
Green Bean Fries
You only need 4 ingredients and one of them is optional! Green beans, hummus, panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese (optional). Use whatever flavor of hummus you’d like. I’m a huge fan of Supremely Spicy from Sabra.
Here are your directions:
Green Bean Fries
This recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries is a fun way to change things up at dinner! They're easy to make and kid-friendly too!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimed
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated or crumbled Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place hummus on one plate.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan (if using) together on another plate.
- Holding onto one end a bean, run it through the hummus to coat, then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining beans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until beans reach desired level of doneness.
See? Super easy right?
The beans may stick a bit to the pan so make sure your foil is well-greased, but it should be fairly easy to dislodge them with a firm scoop of a spatula.
Get excited, friends! Green bean season is coming and you’re gonna want to make these all summer long!