Need gift ideas for babies, new moms or pregnant ladies for Christmas or a baby shower? Here are all the things I used and loved during baby’s first year.
Anything in this post would be appreciated by new parents, pregnant mamas or your favorite baby!
So here they are in no particular order. These are all affiliate links. Thanks for helping to support the brands and items I use and love!
- Tiny Love Light Activity Gym – Perfect for tummy time and the first few months.
- North States Superyard – Hands down the best thing I bought once he started crawling.
- Summer Infant Pop ‘n Play Portable Playard – Small but perfect for short periods of time (ie while working out).
- Bob Revolution SE Stroller – We bought the infant carseat adapter and have used this stroller since he was a few days old. It’s fabulous and super easy to collapse for storage.
- Dutailier Glider – Love ours in the nursery, especially for the first few months of long nights.
- Angelcare Bath Support – We never used the sink as a bath so this was perfect for bathing him in the tub when he was little, plus it dried quickly and didn’t get moldy.
- Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine – We bought one for our room when he was first born and loved it so we ended up buying a second one when he started sleeping in the nursery.
- Ergobaby 360 – I bought several wraps and carriers before he was born and used a few but this was my favorite. It was a lifesaver on several occasions and is great for wearing around the house, on walks, while shopping, etc. Still use it several times a week now.
- Brica Baby In-Sight Mirror – We have one for each car. Makes it easy for you to see them while driving. I’d also recommend this car sun shade to help block the sun for them.
- Skip Hop Bath Spout Cover – More important when he started sitting up in the bathtub on his own – great to keep him from hitting his head on the faucet.
- BooginHead PaciGrip – Hands down the best invention for babies. We haven’t lost a binkie yet! Tie a couple knots in it to shorten in when they start crawling to keep them from continuously pulling it off their shirt.
- JJ Cole Outdoor Blanket – Great for sitting out in the yard to play, but also folds up easily and has a strap so you can take it to the park, etc.
- Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Rocker – Easy to move from room to room for them to sit in when they’re little and then great to get back out again closer to a year so they can figure out how to get in and out on their own. Had feet you can pop out if you don’t want it to rock.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat – Perfect for newborns. So easy to pop in and out of the base to take the carrier from house to car. Squish grew out of this quicker than usual because he hit the height limit before the weight limit but we loved it. You can also just buy an extra base to easily use it in both cars.
- Bumbo Floor Seat – Great for smaller babies. Squish grew out of this pretty quickly because of his big thighs 🙂
- Chicco NextFit Convertible Carseat – We love this. So easy to get baby in and out and also easy to transfer between cars. He’ll be able to use it up to 65 pounds. We actually just bought a second one so we have one for each car because we like it better than a different brand we had in my car.
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumparoo – Great way to keep baby contained but also let them expend some energy! If they’re not tall enough, stack up some books or put a blanket under their feet to help them have something to bounce off of
- Graco Bumper Jumper – This is meant for a doorway but we modified our so we could attach it to our pull-up rig. Squish loves jumping around in it!
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock ‘n Play – Absolute lifesaver. My kid slept in this until he was 6 months old. Plus it’s light enough to carry downstairs and use for naps during the day.
- ThinkBaby No Spill Sippy Cup – We tried several brands and this is our favorite. Easy for him to drink and doesn’t leak. They also have a top with a straw for when they get a little older.
- Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System – A great highchair that can also convert to attach to a regular chair and later works as a booster seat.
- Born Free 9 oz Glass Bottles – Loved these as an alternative to plastic. I had a few plastic ones for the diaper bag/traveling etc but for the most part we used these. They’re a little heavy so they’re harder for babies to hold but they also have a 5oz size.
- Munchkin Click Lock Freezer Pops – We started using these right at 6 months. Loved mixing prunes, bananas and almond butter for a daily popsicle for Squish. They’re the perfect size and easy for babies to hold.
- Munchkin Snack Catcher – Squish loves eating his Cheerios out of these and I love that the help contain the mess to a degree 🙂
- Munchkin Formula Dispenser – These were perfect for the diaper bag!
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Activity Table – One of the best things we bought. Has been a favorite since he was about 5 months old.
- V-Tech Sit To Stand Learning Walker – Great for when they’re learning to walk to help them balance. Squish liked the lights and sounds best at first but now loves running around pushing this.
- Sophie the Giraffe – A staple in our diaper bag
- Angel Dear Blankie – This is Squish’s Moo Moo. Sleeps with it every night. We bought three. The perfect size and easy to wash.
- Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker – Keeps him busy for hours. Proud mom moment when he figured out he was coordinated enough to do this activity.
- Fisher Price Shape Sorter – Still haven’t mastered this one yet but has been playing with it for months.
- Bizzy Bear Books – Hours of entertainment. Squish has about 10 different stories and loves them all to pieces, literally.
- Melissa & Doug Magnets & Tabletop Magnet Board – He got these for his first birthday. We just set the magnet board on the floor in his playpen. The magnets also stick to our front door.
- Melissa & Doug Metal Shopping Cart – Squish is actually getting this for Christmas but he loves his cheap plastic one so this will definitely be an upgrade.
- HiPhone – Doesn’t love it as much as the real iphone but does keep him entertained. Even lets you record your own message for them to hear.
- Pewi YBike – He got this for his first birthday. They can push it like a walker when they’re younger and then ride it like a bike as they get older.
- Melissa & Doug Band in a Box – Perfect if they love music and making noise like my kid does!
- Mortimer the Moose – A favorite toy, especially the first few months. Easily clips on car seat, stroller, shopping cart, etc.
- Busy Bee Babay Buzz’r – Vibrates, lights up and plays music!
- Tin Drum – My hubby is a drummer so Squish has an actual snare drum sitting on the floor of his playpen and he LOVES it. But this would be a good substitute if you don’t happen to have a real one laying around!
Whew! That’s a lot of stuff. Hopefully you found a few things that you or someone you know might like! Happy shopping!
Do you have anything to add to this list? Anything you or your baby loved during the first year?
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from Amazon.com using the links in this post, The Lean Green Bean will receive a small commission for the sale – at no added cost to you. This allows us to cover site-related expenses and helps support the growth of my blog!