Today i have a special treat for you guys. My girl Paige is taking over for me while I scramble around trying to get ready to go out of town! Paige is pretty much a rockstar, one of the sweetest blog friends I have and I just LOVE HER! If you don’t read her blog, you need to start! Take it away Paige!
Hello, fellow Lean Green Bean readers! My name is Paige, and I blog over at Your Trainer Paige, where I write about workouts, fitness, food, and life.
If you didn’t already gather it from the name of my blog, I’m a personal trainer, so I spend my days either in the gym, in someone’s home, or online helping people work on their fitness and health goals. I help clients with their vision, create their workout plans, and take them through their workouts – every single day – trying to help them reach their goals in a fun, enjoyable manner.
Working out is fun! Well, it’s mostly fun. It’s not fun if there’s a heat wave, 100% humidity, a wait for machines, and so on. Actually, there’s a lot to whine about when it comes to workouts. That’s why I sometimes day dream about my ideal workout. You know, one that goes exactly as planned from start to finish, rainbows, butterflies, and all.
My Ideal Workout
1) It’s 7:00 a.m., my ideal time to get in a good workout. I’ve been awake an hour or so, have had a cup of coffee, and a banana. It’s go time.
2) It’s approximately 64 degrees out, making it (my) ideal running temperature. So I lace up my sneaks, and run.
3) I run to the gym (along a tree-lined path, mind you,) which is precisely1.5 miles away from my house, the ideal distance away, so that running to and from creates a 3 mile run. It’s enough for a good cardio session, but not too much that I’ll dread having to run home.
3) When I get to the gym, only a couple of other people are there working out. Everyone else is at work or something. Actually, I don’t care where they are, as long as they’re nowhere near the equipment I plan to use.
Back squats – 4×8
Band-assisted chin ups – 4×8
Deadlifts – 4×8
Push ups – 3×10
And then walk over to the plethora of kettlebells the gym offers and finish up my workout with:
Kettlebell swings – 3×20
Kettlebell get ups – 3×10
6) On my way out the door, I grab a cucumber-scented wet towel that they offer at the door (of course,) cool off and head back out to finish up my run.
7) I don’t foam roll when I get home, because to finish my idea workout, I have my personal masseuse give me a rub down, obviously.
Ahhh. Yup. Ideal workout right there.
Talk to us!
Tell us about your ideal workout