Time for another Fitness Friday! I have a lot to catch you up on, especially since we skipped last week for the post about Things Crossfit Has Taught Me!
First let’s recap the week we missed:
FRIDAY: One of the hardest crossfit workouts I’ve done so far. Here are the moves:
- Broad Jump Burpee- A regular burpee but instead of jumping straight up at the end, you jump as far forward as you can.
- Bear Complex- Start with the bar on the ground. Clean the weight, move straight into a front squat, stand up into a push press, lower the weight onto your shoulders, do a back squat, stand up into another push press and then move the weight back down to the ground. That’s one. You did 7 each round. It was brutal.
- HSPU- Handstand pushups. I can’t quite do the pushup part yet, so I just did 5 handstands each time.
Finished in 10:38 with the prescribed weight for the bear complexes and modified HSPUs.
SATURDAY: Cindy. It looks simple. It sucks. I did 18 rounds + 13 reps of the next round and did jumping pullups. We also took the boys on a walk afterwards. That’s my exhausted face.
SUNDAY– rest day
MONDAY: This one was miserable. SUPER HARD but I loved it. It wasn’t really rounds for time. Instead, we counted our total reps. I got 186. For the skill/strength before the WOD we did Squats. I did 75 pounds for 3 sets of 10, then 8 reps at 95 pounds, 8 reps at 105 pounds and 8 reps at 115 pounds.
TUESDAY– Another tough workout. Who am I kidding, they’re all tough. The kettlebell swings were the worst part of this one. We counted total reps. I got 137. Before this we did “death by pullups”. Every minute you do one more pullup. So minute one you do one, minute two you do 2, etc…for 15 min. They have to be consecutive and if you can’t do your number in a row, you start back at one the next minute. I was using the black band which is the least amount of resistance possible. So close to doing them on my own!!
WEDNESDAY– Rest day. Forced myself to take a rest day even though the workout had handstands and I REALLY wanted to go:
THURSDAY– We knew this one was coming all week and had been looking forward to it. Fight Gone Bad is another crossfit benchmark workout. It’s crazy hard. You do 1 minute of each exercise with no rest in between, then get one minute rest and then repeat 2 more times. You count your total reps- I got 244 reps.
Fight Gone Bad aftermath = Pure exhaustion.
1. Gettin’ work DONE!
2 & 3. You saw these in last week’s post…just a couple crossfit progress pics for hubby & I. We’re getting STRONG!
4. I’m making progress on my handstands! You can see my hands are getting closer to the wall and I’m getting straighter up and down!
And now onto this past week:
FRIDAY: We did “Annie” for a warmup which is Double Unders and Situps 50-40-30-20-10. It’s quite a warmup but I’m proud to say that I have FINALLY mastered double unders! I can string together 20-25 in a row now! Afterwards we did clean and jerks for the skill and I got up to 85 pounds. Then, we did the two 5 minute AMRAPS. For the first one, I subbed handstands for wall walks because last time we did walk walks I hurt my hip flexor and it is still sore. I did 2 rounds + 15 for the first one and 3 rounds for the second one. Talk about feeling the burn during those jumping lunges!
SATURDAY: Isabelle. Another benchmark workout. The Rx for women is 95 pounds. I can’t even come close to doing that. I decided to take it easy since we had a competition coming up on Sunday so I did 65 pounds and finished in 2:38.
Bonus: Hubby and I got new shoes! He went with the Inov8 Bare FX 260. He has super flat feet so those were most comfortable for him. I went with the Reebok Nano 2.0. I fell in love with Reebok after I got my Realfex transitions and I love these new ones as well!
SUNDAY: We had our second crossfit competition at our box. This one was a little different than the one last month. We judged each other instead of counting our own reps, and men and women were separated for scoring. I made it through 3 of the 4 rounds.
Here’s how it went down:
- Round 1: jumping pullups, air squat and situps. 21 reps, then 15 reps, then 9 reps. I finished in 3:43. Hubby finished in 3:10
- Round 2: Tabata sprints. There were cones set up. You sprinted for 20 seconds and rested for 10. Down and back was one rep. I did 25. And almost died. I can’t remember the last time I ran sprints. Holy lactic acid. Hubby did 24.
- Round 3: “Karen” – Another benchmark workout. 150 wall balls for time. Girls used a 14 pound ball. It. was. miserable. Especially after the sprints. I almost didn’t finish, but I had a great friend counting for me and cheering me on. I finished in 9:18. Hubby used a 20 pound ball and finished in 12:58.
1. The guys getting ready for Round 1. Hubby’s the one facing the opposite way.
2. Guys during Karen. Hubby’s in the middle.
3. Girls during Karen. I’m on the far left.
MONDAY: I was thinking about going in to do a shakeout workout but our box had some building maintenance issues and was closed. So I took a rest day.
TUESDAY: I had class so I did an at-home WOD when I got home. I had a little trouble pushing myself when it was just me, but I still got a great workout and worked up a sweat. I finished in 10:13.
WEDNESDAY: Due to maintenance issues, we found out our box would be closed for the rest of the week. So I took another rest day.
THURSDAY: Hubby and I headed to Anytime Fitness (it’s finally open near our house!) to do a WOD. Here’s what we came up with:
I finished the RFT in 8:10 and then ran my mile in 9:07. G2O is Ground to Overhead. You touch a plate (i used a 25 pound one) to the floor, then raise it over your head, and then back down. We held onto the same plate while doing our weighted lunges and then put them down to do the burpees.
WHEW…there’s your recap! How was your week of workouts?