I know that’s a pretty lame post title….but I do have some exciting stuff to share with you! First, the non-exciting stuff…I have a test tomorrow. I just finished my internship stuff earlier this week so I haven’t really studied much…guess what this girl’s doing all day today??
Anyways, let’s move on to the exciting stuff shall we?!
#1- Blend Retreat
Last night I bought a ticket to my very first blogging conference!!!!! I’ve been thinking about going to one since last year and the timing has just never worked out. The Blend Retreat is a little bit different than most conferences. Click here to read all about it!
Here’s an overview:
- It’s being held May 4th-6th in Boulder, Colorado…which is awesome.
- It’s being hosted by Lindsay, Janetha & Katie– who are all AMAZING bloggers.
- It’s cheap compared to some other conferences (note- it’s still expensive. I really don’t know how people can afford to go to these things all the time. I bought my conference ticket but am holding out on plane tickets hoping they come down a little bit soon!)
- The main focus of the weekend is just HANGING OUT and having fun with the other people there. Your day isn’t jam-packed with breakout sessions and powerpoint presentations. Instead, there’s things like a bootcamp class taught by Tina & Lindsay, a hike & time to explore the city!
- I get to room with Sarah, one of my very best blogging friends/soon to be real-life friends!
- There is a gigantic list of awesome sponsors, like Chobani, Bob’s Red Mill, Larabar and Pure Bliss Eats. YUMMMMMM!
- Some of my very favorite bloggers are going…including Ashley, Colleen, Courtney, Heather, Jillian, Janetha, Katie, Laura, Lindsay, Nicole, Sarah, & Tina!!! OMG so excited to meet them all…plus more!
Sooooo, who’s coming with me?! You don’t have to be a blogger to attend! This is a lot of money for me to spend on one thing, but I’m telling myself a) I deserve it b) it’s just money and c) the memories will make it worth it 🙂
#2- My new GNC On-The-Go Blender
I won this little guy in a twitter chat several weeks ago and it finally came in the mail this week!
It comes with all sorts of different cups and lids of different styles and sizes. I carried one of them around to drink my water out of yesterday.
And then last night I made myself a green monster to try it out! Let me tell you, i’m pretty much in love with the fact that you can just screw the little blender blade onto your cup full of goodies, give it a whirl and then screw on a different lid and call it a day. Less things to wash = major win in my book! The blender worked so well!! Ahhh, i love it. Plus it’s travel sized so you can pack it in your suitcase if you ever need to!
#3- Foodie Penpals
If you’re not already participating, you should be!
I’m hosting a Breakfast for Dinner party on Saturday thanks to Eggland’s Best to help promote February as National Heart Month!
I’m super excited about it. However, I haven’t done a bit of planning! I have no idea what I’m making, or even really how many people are coming exactly. Sooooo, if you have any healthy egg recipes that you enjoy making, help a girl out and leave me some links so that my Friday afternoon (post-test) planning session goes a little more smoothly 🙂
I think my Fitness Friday post tomorrow is going to be one of my best yet! I did three killer workouts early in the week and last night I got to try out my new medicine ball that the hubby got me for Valentine’s day!
So excited about this! I’ve been wanting one forever! I used it last night to do another killer workout that i’ll also be sharing with you!
Ok, so I think that’s enough excitement for one day 🙂