Freezer to Crockpot: Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 cups black beans, cooked, no salt added
- 1 cup corn kernals, no salt added
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 serrano (or jalapeno) peppers, minced (optional)
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- Optional toppings for serving: salsa, cheese, avocado
- *brown rice- can be cooked ahead of time and frozen or cooked just prior to serving
- Place all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and freeze flat.
- Prior to cooking, defrost over night in the refrigerator or under cold running water.
- Dump contents into the crockpot. Add a little bit of water to the bag, shake it around and add to crockpot to help get some of the cilantro out if it sticks to the bag.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts and serve over rice, as is or in tortillas.
Recipe by The Lean Green Bean at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/freezer-to-crockpot-cilantro-lime-chicken/