- Spicy Black Bean Burgers– free with a coupon for the grand opening
- Earth Fare Hot Salsa
- Earth Fare Hot Sauce– hubby is a hot sauce expert
- Pizza Dough– to whip up a delicious pizza this weekend
- Vegan Take & Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies– suggested by our guide Maria when we first toured the store.
- Grind-Your-Own Peanut Butter– we got the plain, no-salt-added kind with a little bit of the honey roasted variety to top it off
- Scoop-Your-Own Frozen Shrimp– they were on sale so we loaded up!
- Scoop-Your-Own Pasta– We got some ravioli stuffed with goat cheese and cranberries.
- Good Buddy Pumpkin & Apple Dog Treats-two of the dogs’ fav flavors
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadilla– we spotted it on our tour
- Sweets & Beets Terra Chips– there was a coupon
- Grape Kombucha– trying another flavor after tasting some on our tour
- Earth Fare Dark Roast Coffee Beans
- Earnest Eats Snack Bars– a new brand for us to try
- No-Salt Added Sustainable Seas Tuna- there was a coupon
- Medford Farms Pear Butter– loved that the only ingredients were pears and pear juice.
Since we went shopping on opening night, they were still working out some kinks and our quesadilla rang up as $908.99! It better be the best quesadilla EVER for that price!
Whoops! Luckily they were able to fix it right away. After using the gift card they gave us and paying the remaining amount, we headed home.
So what have we tried so far?
- I tried the pear butter and peanut butter on some toast for lunch and both were delicious.
- We had the quesadilla and chips for dinner one night. The quesadilla had pineapple in it which was a fun surprise and some of the beans were mashed up and some were whole, which we both liked. The chips were nice and crunchy and had a good flavor.
- The dogs tried their treats and loved them.
- I baked up the cookies. They were absolutely delicious.
- We’ve been enjoying the coffee for the past few mornings and we both really like the flavor.
- We also tried the salsa, which was good.
- The trail mix is almost gone.
1) We were almost out of trailmix.
2) I wanted to get some of the chocolate covered banana chips that I passed on the first time but could not stop thinking about.
We also needed some pizza sauce and cheese for the pizza we planned to make for dinner. For lunch, we bought a slice of pizza (pictured above) to eat when we finished shopping. It had roasted garlic, olives, onions & roasted squash and zucchini on it.
Round 2 of shopping, we got:
- Fresh mozzarella cheese- on sale BOGO!
- Pizza sauce,
- Plain 0% Chobani- there was a coupon for $2 off
- Flavored Choboni- also on sale
- Bean & Cheese Quesadilla
- Trail Mix
The trail mix is clearly our favorite find so far. When we tasted it on the tour, Maria explained that all of their stores had a competition to see which one could come up with the best combination for a trailmix. This was the winner and they started selling it in all their stores. It’s called Save the Honeybees.
There are banana chips, m&ms, roasted peanuts, sesame sticks, sesame seeds and a few other things in it and it is SO ADDICTING.
So, now it’s time for the fun part. Earth Fare has generously provided me with a $50 giftcard to giveaway to one reader! If you’re lucky enough to live near an Earth Fare location- there are stores in North Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Florida and Kentucky, feel free to enter for your chance to win!
Tell me what you’re most looking forward to buying the next time you go to Earth Fare.
That’s all 🙂
Good luck! The giveaway ends Tuesday May 1, 2012 at 9pm EST. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 48 hours to contact me via email before a new winner is chosen.