Posted by Lindsayhttp://www.theleangreenbean.com/cinnamon-sugar-sweet-potato-peels/
© 2017 The Lean Green Bean. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Peels
These Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Peels are a fun dessert idea! Eat them as is, crumble over ice cream or yogurt or drizzle with chocolate for a sweet treat!
medium large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
tsp brown sugar
melted chocolate chips for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes to clean. Dry very well.
- Peel sweet potatoes lengthwise (I got about 12 long peels per sweet potato).
- Break each peel in half and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and use hands to toss to coat and ensure all pieces get covered. You want them to be coated but don't use too much oil or they won't crisp up!
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and mix with your hands to coat evenly.
- Spread into a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Stir and bake 2 min more.
- Stir again and continue to bake 1-2 minutes at a time until desired doneness is reached. This will depend on your oven. For mine, 9 minutes was perfect!
- Let cool and enjoy! Drizzle with chocolate if desired.