Yes, I realize today is Saturday, not Sunday…but I’ve got a Recipe Redux post that needs to go up tomorrow, so we’re talking food prep today instead! Here’s a look at what I prepped last week:
- A double batch of my Pumpkin Pie Balls
- HB eggs
- Quinoa to make breakfast bars
- Black beans for the friday and freezer
- Crockpot pulled pork with apples and red peppers
- Crispy Baked fish
And here’s what some of you have been up to!
Faith at The Conscientious Eater -
This is my first time EVER food prepping, but since I moved to NYC I’m thinking it’s going to happen weekly. In the photo there’s a huge bag of roasted veggies to eat with hummus (below) as either a wrap or salad with tahini. In the middle is Cilantro Lemon Quinoa Salad with Avocado. Up top is Lentil Curry to eat with Brown Rice and a jug of Homemade Almond Milk. At the bottom is Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes and Mushrooms.
Nora at A Clean Bake –
- Steamed spaghetti squash to pair with turkey meatballs and marinara sauce I have in the freezer
- Chicken sausages to eat for lunch with salads or leftover squash
- Beer bread
- Chicken breast that is marinating in olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder for dinners
- Paleo egg white, spinach and red pepper quiche, which is great for any meal
- A huge pot of Chilean conger eel (whitefish) stew with extra veggies – great for the cold, damp days that are predicted this week!
- Pre-washed baby spinach for salad, baby carrots and snap peas to pair with hummus for snacks
- Casserole version of Balanced Bites’ buffalo chicken egg muffins
- Steamed carrots
- Grilled steak kabobs
- Roasted hot Italian sausage, red potatoes, sweet onion, and green bell pepper with herbs
- Steamed leeks
- No bake breakfast bars
- Hard boiled eggs
- Grapes to snack on at work
- Yogurt bowls and baggies of mix-ins
- Cut up fruit to snack on at home
- Berry goat cheese salads for lunches
- Grilled shrimp “nicoise” salad for dinners
Jodie at Source One Nutrition –
My husband and I will use a lot of this for lunches throughout the week and I really like to throw a quick dinner together out of some of these items as well. Having the proteins and even some vegetables pre-cooked allows me to have a meal ready in no time.
Are you food prepping this weekend? Send me your pic! I’m out of submissions!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?