Let’s talk cookies, shall we? This was my second year participating in The Great Food Blogger’s Cookie Swap. The idea is simple. You sign up, donate a few dollars to charity, mail out a dozen cookies to three different people and get three dozen cookies in the mail. Although this year was a bit of a bust on the return end for me – I only got cookies from one person instead of three- I still had fun baking and sending mine out!
I was having a tough time coming up with a totally new cookie to try, but after much deliberation, I decided to do something a little crazy! I used FRESH cranberries…in cookies. Peanut butter cookies. And guess what? They’re delish!
Here’s how you make them:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, flattening with a fork at 6 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Aren’t they just so pretty and festive?!
Happy baking, friends! Oh, and a huge thanks to Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere who sent me some delicious Peppermint Biscotti!