These gluten-free Hemp and Almond Crusted Salmon Nuggets are a great recipe for getting your family to eat more fish. Made with just six ingredients, they’re simple enough for a quick dinner and they’re kid-friendly too!
It’s time for another month of Recipe Redux. This month the theme was 7-Ingredient (or less) recipes. This recipe is just six ingredients and two of them are spices! Can’t beat that. I’m always looking for easy ways to add more fish to our weekly meals and although I haven’t quite gotten Squish on board with salmon (yet!) this was a fun way to change things up for hubby and I!
I used pre-cut filets and cut them into roughly 4 nuggets each but you could easily get a large piece and cut into several nuggets yourself. Mine also had skin on one side and although I was able to get it off relatively easily, it would definitely save you some time to buy some that already had the skin removed!
And finally, if you’re not into nuggets, you could just use this coating on salmon filets of whatever size you desire! I used hemp hearts instead of flour in the dredging process to keep them gluten-free…but you could easily use regular flour, or even almond flour if you’d like.
Here’s how you make it:
There you have it! Don’t worry if the not much of the hemp mixture sticks…it’s mostly just to give the egg something to grab onto. And like I said, feel free to use flour instead.
Almond Crusted Salmon Nuggets
These gluten-free Hemp and Almond Crusted Salmon Nuggets are a great recipe for getting your family to eat more fish. Made with just six ingredients, they're simple enough for a quick dinner and they're kid-friendly too!
- 3 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 - 1.5 pounds salmon, boneless/skinless
- optional: your fav dipping sauce - i like bbq sauce!
- Combine hemp hearts and spices on a small plate.
- Crack egg in a small bowl and stir.
- Finely chop almonds in a food processor or with a knife (or pound with a meat mallet) and place on a plate.
- Cut salmon into nuggets, approximately 1 ounce each
- Dredge nuggets in hemp and spice mixture.
- Dip in egg.
- Roll in crushed almonds.
- Place on greased, foil-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes, flipping once.