So here’s the deal. This Sunday marks exactly 3 years since I started this blog! Tomorrow we’ll have a little party and I’ll be recapping some of my favorite posts and recipes from the past year. In the meantime, I thought I’d take some time to spread a little blog love. As you guys know, I read A LOT of blogs. I’ve gotten to know A LOT of bloggers in the past 3 years and every once in a while, I try to share some of them with you guys.
35 Bloggers I Love
Since we’re in celebration mode, I picked 35 bloggers that I love and respect to share with you today. Some of these are ladies I’ve introduced you to before. Some may be new to you. Either way, I just wanted to take a few minutes to share what I love about them!
So let’s get started.
I love these ladies for chasing their dreams:
1. Tina at Best Body Fitness - Tina has turned her passion for fitness into a business. Her Best Body Bootcamp is helping hundreds of people change their lives for the better! Plus she’s an amazing mom, a great friend and has found a great balance between blogging and living life!
2. Amy at Strong Inside Out - Amy has dedicated her life to helping others fight and win the battle against clinical depression. Her posts are encouraging, empowering and heartfelt. She’s an inspiration to many and living proof that you CAN do anything you put your mind to.
3. Kasey at Powercakes - Kasey has turned her love of fitness and healthy living into a motivational brand. She’s a rockstar trainer, a wealth of nutrition knowledge and knows how to practice what she preaches. As a healthy living role model to thousands, she’s teaching people how important it is to #betruetoyou and take the time to figure out what makes YOU happy and healthy.
I love these ladies for appreciating life:
1. Bobbi at N Her Shoes - Bobbi is one of the most genuinely happy people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. She has an appreciation for the little things in life that many people don’t even come close to experiencing. Just looking at her pictures makes me smile because she absolutely radiates happiness in every single one. She’s following her dreams, changing lives and loving every second of it!
2. Sarah at A Gutsy Girl - Sarah has true appreciation for whole, simple, natural foods. On her blog she shares the ups and downs of her struggle to heal her gut and creates simple, delicious, unprocessed recipes. She appreciates the ups in life because she has experienced the downs. Most recently, she’s launched a brand new business and her passion shines through every single day.
3. Lindsay at Cotter Crunch - Lindsay is a dreamer. I love her and her ability to keep a positive attitude even during tough times. She finds the good in everyday life and refuses to let anything get in the way of her family and the passions they are pursing!
I love these ladies for always keeping it real:
1. Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers - Julie’s blog was the first blog I ever read. It continues to be one of my absolute favorites. Over the past three years, her blog has grown, she’s gotten some great opportunities and had some major successes…but through it all, she hasn’t changed who she is. She is one of the most down-to-earth bloggers out there and I love how she simply LIVES life…and blogs about it. No false pretenses, not trying to impress anyone….she just continues to be herself and share her passion for food, fitness and healthy living with others!
2. Alysa at Inspired RD - Alysa was one of the first RDs I found when I got a twitter account. I admire her for always being willing to share her opinion and beliefs but at the same time being respectful of other opinions. She’s also has Celiac disease and very candidly shares her struggles on her blog.
3. Clare at Fitting It All In - Clare shares her healthy living journey in a way that’s relatable and honest. She tackles controversial issues and shares the ups and downs of her eating disorder recovery. Most recently she’s made major progress in her recovery and I’m so proud of her and the healthy life she’s building!
I love these ladies because they are food bloggers doing it right:
1. Gina at Running to the Kitchen - Gina posts amazing recipes day after day after day. She uses simple ingredients but still manages to create food that is beautiful, delicious and healthy.
2. Lee at Fit Foodie Finds - Lee has a passion for recipe development that shines through in every blog post. She’s awesome at creating single-serving recipes and gluten-free treats!
3. Ashley at Edible Perspective - Ashley is an all-star photographer. She leaves me drooling over her recipes every time she posts. She’s also great at creating kitchen and photography tutorials where she shares her knowledge with her readers. She has lots of delicious meat-free and gluten-free recipes but I love that the focus is on creating food that tastes good, not making it fit a certain diet.
I love these ladies for their writing style:
1. Cori at Olive to Run - I love pretty much every single post Cori writes. Her writing style is easy to read and light-hearted but still makes you think. She’s not afraid to tackle issues that other people shy away from but her blog is a great balance of humor, education, life, fitness and more!
2. Alexis at Hummusapien - Alexis and I are on the same blogging wavelength. We have very similar writing styles and I think that’s why I’m drawn to her blog. Not only does she share delicious, healthy recipes (she’s a soon-2-be RD!), she also shares her nutrition knowledge, favorite products and snippets of life!
3. Cassie at Back to Her Roots - Cassie’s posts are some of my favorite to read. She’s great at sharing life stories, daily snippets, memories and recipes and tying them all together in a way that flows smoothly and makes you want to keep reading. Her blog is full of yummy recipes, helpful printables, challenges, food tips and reflections.
I love these ladies because they are awesome Moms:
1. Lindsay at Lindsay’s List - Lindsay is one of the most dedicated mamas I know. She loves her kids to pieces and it really comes through on the blog, whether she’s writing about them, making life changes for them or taking a break from blogging to spend more time with them!
2. Katie at Yes I Want Cake - Katie’s daughter is SO adorable. Her blog is a great mix of recipes, captured kid moments, home schooling and just celebrating and appreciating life!
3. Heather at Heather’s Dish - I’ve been reading Heather’s blog for quite a while now. I followed along as she suffered a heart-breaking miscarriage, and then got pregnant again, and the gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Her love for her son shines through in every post and it’s fun to read about how she balances being a mom and a blogger. She shares wonderful recipes, has a great series about blogging as a full-time job and she’s not afraid to honestly share the ups and downs of parenthood and life in general.
I love these ladies because they are full of wisdom- about blogging and life:
1. Katy at Katy Widrick - Katy is a blogging wiz. Her blog is like a cheat sheet for your back pocket. She’s written how-to and FAQ posts about pretty much any blogging topic ever. I love how willing she is to share her knowledge with others. She’s truly one of the blogging world’s most valuable resources.
2. Carla at Mizfit Online - Carla is a wealth of knowledge about blogging and about life. She’s a great example of working hard to build a brand and then staying true to that brand. She is also one of the best examples of embracing and enjoying life with her daughter. I love that she’s always more than willing to share what she’s learned over the years with others.
I love these ladies because they are fellow nutrition experts:
1. Ashley at Guard Your Heart - Ashley’s blog is one of the newest in my reader but I’m already in love with it. As an RD, she’s a wealth of nutrition knowledge which she is constantly sharing on the blog. She also creates meal plans and shares healthy recipes and workouts.
2. Anne at Fannetastic Food - Anne is one of my favorite RDs. We became RDs just a few months apart, both blogged throughout our internships and are very much on the same wavelength when it comes to healthy living. Anne’s blog is a great resource for healthy recipes and nutrition tips. She also recaps her fitness and life adventures.
3. Gina at The Candid RD - Gina is a fellow Columbus RD who I’ve had the chance to get to know over the past year and a half or so. On her blog, she regularly shares delicious recipes (including many that are low FODMAPS) but she’s also not afraid to tackle controversial nutrition issues. She regularly shares her opinion on a wide variety of nutrition topics and also provides research and news articles so readers can educate themselves and form their own opinion!
I love these ladies because they make me laugh:
1. Taylor at Taylor Made It Paleo - Two words: Freakin’ hilarious. Taylor is down to earth, a recipe genius and always keeps it real on her blog. She makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis.
2. Roo at Neon Fresh - Roo is candid, funny and adorable all rolled up into one. Her blog is an eclectic range of serious posts, cartoons and gifs, hilarious life stories and more. I love it because I never quite know what to expect from each new post…but I always enjoy them, and more often than not they make me smile.
I love these ladies because they are rockstar trainers:
1. Paige at Your Trainer Paige - Paige is great at sharing fun, new workouts, educational fitness posts, snippets of her battle with PCOS and healthy eats and recipes.
2. Kindal at Lifting Revolution - Kindal’s blog is a great mix of workouts, fitness, training tips and recipes. In addition, she tackles tough issues like body image, weight loss and more.
3. Jess at Blonde Ponytail - Jess has been one of my favorite trainers for a long time. She regularly shares amazing workouts and workout programs on her blog- all for free! I love that she’s a well-rounded athlete who does a wide range of fitness activities from crossfit to running to at-home workouts. Plus, her dog and new baby are adorable.
4. Tamara at Fit Knit Chick - Tamara is a wealth of fitness knowledge. She educates her readers about injuries, exercise, hormones and more! In addition, she shares lots of great workouts, many of which have videos of her doing the workout herself!
I love these ladies because I just know we’d be BFFs in real life:
1. Madeline at Food Fitness & Family - Smart, energetic and totally adorable, I wish we lived closer so we could share clothes, workout together and go on double dates!
2. Brittany at A Healthy Slice of Life - Brittany’s smile and positive attitude is contagious. If we lived closer we would spend our days drinking wine, experimenting in the kitchen and wandering the aisles of the grocery store!
3. Danica at It’s Progression - One of the sweetest, most down-to-earth bloggers around, Danica & I have similar views on healthy living, following dreams and enjoying life. If we lived closer, we could go for walks with our pups, wander the farmer’s market together and have a book club!
4. Elle at Nutritionella - A fellow RD, Elle & I bonded while we were both completing our dietetic internships. We ran the Elf 4 Health challenge together last year and I wish we lived closer so we could have marathon cooking & baking sessions and she could give me a wardrobe makeover.
I love this lady because of her strength:
1. Gabby at Gabby’s Gluten-Free – Gabby is my crossfit/lifting role model. She’s not afraid of having muscles or being strong. She’s breaking the stereotype that girls can’t lift heavy weights and she’s encouraging other ladies to do the same! She inspires and motivates me every day! Plus, she owns her own business and shares delicious recipes on her blog!
I love this lady because she is my blogging (and life!) mentor:
1. Regan at Healthy Aperture - I met Regan at FNCE last year and since then I have learned so much from her. She has taken me under her wing and taught me so much about being a successful entrepreneur, writing a successful blog, not undermining your worth and more. I look up to her as a Dietitian and as an entrepreneur.
All of these bloggers have made ME a better blogger just by being themselves. Some I’ve met in person, some I’ve just gotten to know online and some I chat with regularly via phone/email/text. They’ve sparked my creativity and supported my blog. They’ve educated me and helped me grow as a blogger and as a person. They’ve been my sounding board, my support system and my friends. The Lean Green Bean wouldn’t be what it is today without them. So to all of them, as well as the other bloggers in my network that I love just as much, but aren’t in this post, I say THANK YOU! I love you all
Tell me one blogger you’ve been loving lately!