Time for some more Sunday food prep!
Here’s what I prepped last weekend:
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Meatballs: All I have to do is add some sauce and noodles for dinner one night. (Similar to this recipe)
- Baked Chicken: To use in sandwiches and on salads.
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin: Could be cut up and used in a stir-fry or eaten as is.
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars: I pre-portion them so that my husband has a grab & go breakfast in the morning (Recipe here)
- Baked Potatoes: Just remove from the foil and microwave when ready to eat.
- Veggies for snacking: Perfect for munching on while getting dinner ready, with a little hummus!
- Lettuce for salads: Cut, wash, spin dry and store in a ziploc bag with a paper towel. Press the air out of the bag before storing.
- Hardboiled Eggs: Add one to your lunch or grab one for a quick snack. (Try this trick)
- Guacamole: Perfect addition to wraps or try using as a dressing for your salad!
I’m also working on a freezer meals post so I prepped 5 of those to try. If they taste good, I’ll share them
Chicken & Dumplings
Beef & Broccoli
Cilantro Lime Chicken
BBQ Spare Ribs
Here’s what you guys have been up to:
In the photo we have
Energy Bars (homemade!) – for before workouts
Trail Mix – for snacking
Tortilla Chips (homemade!) – for snacking and meals with salsa
Egg Whites – for snacking
Salads in a Jar – for work lunches
Greek Yogurt Parfaits – for on the go breakfasts
Chopped Apples (held together with a rubber band to keep from browning!) – for work lunches
Celery – for snacking
Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs – for work lunches
Not pictured I did some turkey burgers and lots of chopped veggies for quick dinners.
Brittney at Sweets n Greens -
Marisa from Uproot from Oregon -
Are you food prepping this weekend? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post?!
Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas! I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others!! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep . Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me! If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending!
Want more inspiration and tips? Read these:
And check out the Food Prep Tab for links to all the previous Sunday food prep posts!
And finally, if you’re a blogger and you blog about your food prep, feel free to link up your post below! Please keep sending me pics to be featured in the posts as well, but I thought I’d give people a chance to link up to give you guys even more ideas and introduce you to some more blogs!
Let’s chat: Are you prepping food today? Whatcha makin’?