Happy New Year!! Last year on January 1st, I posted a recipe featuring Chobani, one of my favorite companies- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes. They’re my favorite pancakes ever and I make them all the time. This year I decided to continue my Chobani tradition and share another yummy recipe that features my favorite yogurt on New Years Day!
I give you- Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bars!
Aren’t they pretty?! Probably the prettiest thing I’ve made in a while. Remember when I made these Frozen Yogurt Bites? I dipped them in chocolate the first time but now I made them all the time with just yogurt and granola and eat them as a snack. Well, these bars are similar…I just took them to the next level. I was tired of eating regular granola bars so took all the things I like in my trailmix/granola bars- granola, fruit, nuts, a few chocolate chips- and decided to try a frozen version.
I used bananas and strawberries that I already had in the freezer in mine. I just pulled them out, chopped them up and threw them in the yogurt…but I think fresh fruit would work just fine. I also chose to use half plain yogurt and half flavored. If you want them sweeter, you could use all flavored.
Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bars
Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: snack breakfast dessert healthy almonds fruit granola greek yogurt
- 2 cups Chobani greek yogurt (I use 1 c 2% plain, 1 c vanilla)
- 1 1/2 c chopped fruit (I use strawberries & bananas)
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (I use almonds)
- 3/4 c granola (I use Love Grown Foods Simply Oats)
- 1/4 c chocolate chips (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Line a pan with foil.
3. Spread yogurt mixture into pan.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until frozen.
5. Remove from freezer, let thaw for 5 minutes, cut into bars.
6. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Easy enough, right?!
Just mix, spread and freeze.
Then cut into bars and enjoy
Get creative with your mix-ins! The possibilities are endless!
When I eat these, I pull one bar out,
let it sit on my plate for about 5 min
and then dig in!
Do these look good to you?! Please share them with your friends and family via Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook!