Time for another month of Secret Recipe Club!
Can you believe it?
This month I was assigned to the blog Dancing Veggies and I decided to make some Greek Baked Eggs! I loved this blog because there were TONS of vegetarian recipes to choose from. I had a great time browsing around.
I was inspired to try the eggs because hubby and I are all about greek food! Plus I just got some brand new Greek Seasoning from my Foodie Penpal!
I made a few changes to the recipe, namely adding salmon because I had some leftover and thought it would work well!
Greek Baked Eggs & Salmon
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 2 Tbsp onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 giant handful of spinach
- Greek seasoning, to taste (or use oregano and cayenne pepper)
- 1 piece of salmon, cooked and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp tomato
- 1 Tbsp crumbled feta
1. Saute the pepper, onion, garlic and spinach with the seasoning until the spinach is wilted.
2. Add the salmon and stir to combine.
3. Transfer to a greased ramekin.
4. Top with two eggs.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until eggs reach desired doneness.
6. Remove from oven, top with feta and tomato and serve!
*if you don’t feel like baking your eggs, you could cook them in a pan and set them on top!
*if you like olives, add some of those to the mix!
Thanks to Dancing Veggies for some great recipe inspiration! This may be my new favorite way to eat eggs