If you follow me on Instagram (theleangreenbean), Twitter or Facebook then you may already know what’s coming today! Another dip recipe. Last night my hubby officially declared me the “dip expert”. He says between this dip and the Spicy Feta Dip I made last month, I have mastered the dip.
So I’ve got that going for me.
Today’s dip is guacamole. But not just any guacamole. This is PUMPED UP GUAC!! It has black beans, greek yogurt and all sorts of other fun mix-ins! It’s packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats. Doesn’t get any better than that my friends!
I made this recipe last summer (almost exactly a year ago, in fact) and haven’t made it since. Last weekend, I realized I had several ripe avocados and I decided to whip up another batch!
I’ve updated the recipe a bit so it’s reposted below:
Black Bean Guacamole
Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: food processor appetizer snack healthy low-sodium vegetarian greek yogurt black beans avocado
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 c black beans, cooked
- 1/3 c plain fat-free Chobani Greek yogurt
- juice from one lemon
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
1. Place the black beans in a small food processor and pulse several times.
2. Add one of the avocados and the lemon juice and pulse until well mixed.
3. In a small bowl, smash the remaining avocado with a fork.
4. Stir in the greek yogurt.
5. Add the black bean mixture, along with the onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro.
6. Mix well and serve with tortilla chips.
So there you have it! It gets even better if you let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.
I was trying to get some nice photographs for you guys but Tucker had other plans:
What’s your favorite summer dip?